A Fundraiser's Best Friend
- The Impact of an Infographic
Prospective donors are bombarded with messages. To get through this deluge of information, we have to stand out in the crowd with . . . . .
- Tossing Your Cookies: Grassroots Fundraising at its Best
When asked, "What is your earliest recollection of making a charitable donation?" most Americans respond: "Buying Girl Scout Cookies." . . . . .
- Gen Y or Generation Why They Give
The members of Generation Y were born between 1977 and 1998. Three of them grew up in my house, so I have a fair sense of what makes . . . . .
Complimentary video series with Ruthellen Rubin
We offer the expertise, resources and personalized attention to help your nonprofit organization realize its full potential. Our team also works with philanthropies to help build strong partnerships.
FUNDRAISING STRATEGIES | BOARD DEVELOPMENT | COLLABORATION | TRANSITION
The Nonprofit Blog
The Annual Appeal: Ruthellen's Ten Step Plan
Welcome to Annual Appeal Season.
It's the first week in October and, if like most organizations, your Annual Appeal comes at holiday time, your planning should be well underway. Print out this checklist and tape it right onto the middle of your computer screen. Remember: your annual appeal is not a one-off mass mailing. It is a comprehensive initiative which takes into account the integration of your message throughout all avenues of communication with your supporters.
Ruthellen's Ten Step Plan:
1. (The best) Letter (we are capable of constructing) is written, proofread and approved.
2. Mailing Lists are segmented by groups.
3. Targeted asks for loyal donors have been thoughtfully determined.
4. Complete mailing package (traditionally: letter, donation return envelope and an informational insert) weighs under one ounce for postal mailing.
5. Printer/Mail House has been notified of your schedule.
6. Website has been updated to reflect the same information that is in your postal mailing.
7. E-Appeal has been constructed in sync with your postal appeal and thoughtfully scheduled.
8. Plan is in place to coordinate your social network voice to correspond to your Appeal.
9. Gift processing strategy has been reviewed with your business office so that donors will be thanked accurately and promptly upon receipt of their donations.
10. Your "case for support" this holiday season is reflected in all communications with supporters.
That was easy, right? Good luck!
Add a Comment
Archive By Date
- December (3)